Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Vietnam Journal 01.02.11

Day two of the new year started out slow.  I felt particularly unenergetic and lethargic.  Something about wanting to be home now.  That was not an option and we had matters to attend to on this last day in Da Nang.  But first we went for coffee and fresh baked chocolate croissants at Nha Leo which did a lot to change my outlook.  Later we spent a few hours at the Museum of Cham Sculpture, which houses...well, Cham sculpture.  The pieces were recovered from sites in central Vietnam where the Cham culture, which was highly influenced by Hinduism, flourished between the 2nd and 15th centuries.  The collection is a great deal of gray-brown stone carved into many amazing shapes.

Dinner was with Tuyet and Chuck at the Dorinly Cafe' where we talked for about two hours.  Maggie and I stayed around to listen to music before heading back to the hotel.

So Da Nang is almost over.  Just a wake up before we sky out for Ha Noi tomorrow morining.  Four days later we head home.  I will be happy to see Olympia again and sleep in my own bed.  But I will also hate to see this adventure end. It's been everything I hoped it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment