Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Trail Journal 05.01.02

A new month, day 29 on the trail, finds me still at Duckett House [in Hot Springs].  It's early morning and raining.  Red & Gary are leaving.  I will stay in the area two more days to spend time with Maggie. She arrived yesterday in the Red Truck.  We had an hour's soak in the hot springs, followed by a massage, dinner and time together.  It was a nice reunion but it also brought some apprehension since the truck is loaded with "stuff" that we need to reorganize before she takes off.  And there is always my worry about [business affairs in] Phoenix and everything that needs to be done there.  I find it hard to let that go when I am with Maggie.  I can let go on the trail mostly be even then I worry some.

It's raining out now--hard at times.  I wonder how I would pack up dry in such weather which brings up the question of appropriate shelter.  Been using the tarp but feel exposed to the weather and bugs.  My Divine Light is way too small--I was cramped an hot in it.  So now I'm thinking about a larger one man tent for $150.

And then there's the issue of money--I will probably spend close to $400 while I'm here and worry about how to [afford] it.  But then I don't want to be uncomfortable either so I will probably defer the worry and let Maggie do her best.

I hit the trail on Friday at Devil's Gap and link up with R&G to continue on.

No comments:

Post a Comment