Thursday, June 21, 2012

Trail Journal 06.21.02

So now I am off the trail for about two weeks while Maggie visits. It's a longer time than I anticipated and it distresses me to think that I will "miss" this time. On the other hand, I get to see Maggie so I'll just have to accept the hiatus. I won't exactly be absent from the trail--Bev Carver and I will hike about 25 miles this weekend and Maggie will hike the remaining Shenandoah miles with me while she is here. But I've lost my cohort for a while, at least until I catch up with Red and Gary farther north which means I will do some yellow blazing. An insistent voice in my head tells me that I'm a slacker for skipping trail miles, that I'm not doing a "true" AT hike. But I'm doing what I can do, all things considered, and it's "my hike".

No comments:

Post a Comment