Sunday, July 8, 2012

Trail Journal 07.08.02

Now it's Monday morning and only two of us--Maggie and me--remain.  I am packed, ready to hit the trail on my own to find Red and Gary.  And I'm sad to be leaving my friends and Maggie.  The past three weeks have been fun and I will treasure the memories.  But now it's time to get back to the trail and continue this odyssey.  I look forward to meeting new people and seeing old friends.  So off I go.

Evening:  Made it to Garvey Shelter by 7:00 pm.  Left Sandy Hook at 5:00 after spending a few hours trying to decide if I should try to catch Red and Gary now or later.  Decided on later, my original plan.  Was sad to leave Maggie but our time together was great.  Had a steep climb up Weaverton Cliffs but still made the 5 miles in under two hours.  Sharing the shelter with Hi-Tech.  The hiker horde is definitely past this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment