Sunday, July 15, 2012

Trail Journal 07.15.02

Early morning at the Church on the Mountain hostel in Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania.  I'm camped in the grass out back since all the bunk space is full.  Got in yesterday around 4:00pm after my day-long, cross-half-of-Pennsylvania bus ride.  The bus station was twenty minute walk away from the hostel.  Nice.  Even better, I learned when I got to the hostel that Red and Gary were not far south on the trail and would likely be here by morning at the latest.  They walked into town around a few hour later, well before dark.  I was so happy to see them.  I'm back with my family.  I'm amazed at the good fortune that actually landed me right on top of them.  I did well.

Met many other old friends here, too:  The Noodleheads, Southpaw, Now or Never, Kutsa, Cheetah, Fullmoonwalking.  I do feel a bit inadequate (if that is the right word) among these veterans of the Pennsylvania rocks but, in the end, it won't make much difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment