Saturday, December 22, 2012

Vietnam Journal 12.22.10

Today we learned that the Song Ha bridge closes at 4:30 to all but motorbike traffic so our taxi ride to the university ended up costing 150 VND instead of 50 VND ($7.50 vs S2.50).  We got a good tour of the northern part of the Son Tra Peninsula and crossed the Thuan Phouc Bridge which spans the mouth of the Song Ha River where it empties into Da Nang Bay.  The bridge is a spectacular twin tower suspension bridge.  I can see it in the distance from my hotel room.

Classes tonight were fun.  One class was the beginner level class that I worked with Monday night.  Tonight we played Truth or Dare, a game where groups chose cards with challenges that hey had to express in English.  Once again the students were shy and soft-spoken.  The second class was mostly question and answer where it seemed like I did a lot of talking but I did manage to get students to ask questions.  This is my third night and like the two previous nights I am brain dead tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment